Sunday, July 15, 2012

Review & Buy Schwinn Turbo Trailer Aluminum Bicycle Trailer


We've had our Schwinn Trailer for one year. My daughter enjoys riding in it extremely much. There is a place for her drink, and the seat is comfortable sufficient which on longer rides she falls asleep.
I buy one of those seats which fits on the back of a bicycle, but it wouldn't match. The back fender of my bicycle was also wide for the seat, and we didn't want to force it. I'm happy it didn't match. The trailer is just convenient. It rolls smoothly on inflated rubber tires. I'm careful when turning which I don't hit curbs, the trailer turns extremely well. My daughter has room to wiggle her feet, without kicking me, she is protected from the sun, and mosquitoes with the cover and the bug/debris net. The side windows are easy to see out of. She enjoys riding in the trailer, and sometimes we although take the neighbor's granddaughter with us. They both match comfortably (remember less than 100 lbs) It's a convenient buy.



Even I returned the trailer for a Burley d'Lite, I liked what I saw. I had originally bought the blue Schwinn Jogger Trailer. I'm not certain why they called it a jogger trailer since the box still promotes it as a stroller and the wheel still swivels. I returned it since I was disappointed on the fabric, the weather protector had no edge, and the handle bars did not look secure if applied as a stroller. The handle bars clamped on the trailer and there was no safety mechanism to secure it. I did like how it folded though, similar to the Burley. Then I picked this one up and put it altogether. The fabric was a better quality, the weather protector had an edge and I really liked how the wheels came off by a push of the button. The handle bar was too a major improvement with a pin tongue to secure it and too a latch. At 4' 11", I did not like the height of the handle bar. As for the folding, it was OK. I just necessitated to leave this review, therefore which others understand which there are two models of the Schwinn trailers out there. I would have kept this one if I did not get a extremely nice deal on a Burley d'Lite.

This is our first bike trailer. Deciding between the InStep Fast n'EZ and the Schwinn Turbo was the merely hurdle--both are made by InStep, therefore I wasn't certain if purchasing the Schwinn model would be just paying for a name. After scrutinizing, my husband and I noticed the main difference between the two was the tires--the Schwinn tires were good by far, and larger, 20" instead of 16". We felt which would make the trailer easier to pull. It IS easy to pull. I really don't feel it with our 2 1/2 year old in it, at all, on flat roads. As others have said, hills may be a little tougher, but they're still doable. And I am not the strongest person, either, I've always been on the petite side and not muscular. My daughter enjoys it and seems comfortable in it, she although fell asleep on a ride. It is extremely easy to attach to my bike, although for a mechanically challenged person such as myself. It too pushes extremely goodly when it's in stroller mode. If I had to complain regarding something, it would be which I don't enjoy the colors of it, but which's okay--at least it's correctly colored and extremely visible. Recommended!

Review & Buy Schwinn Turbo Trailer Aluminum Bicycle Trailer    

No comments:

Post a Comment