Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Review & Buy PTI Schwinn Deluxe Child Carrier


This took me longer to install then putting the bike altogether which this was going on! What I consider made it most difficult are the guidance. The photos which the guidance were referring to were on the opposite side of the paper therefore must flip back and forth was a pain.

I have short legs therefore necessitate to have the saddle stem pretty low therefore when I put the clamp under the seat the screw sticks out just sufficient which when I peddle, I hit the screw every rotation.


Overall sturdy seat and my son enjoyed our afternoon of riding, even he kept saying this way, this way, trying to direct my steering!



Really pleased with the seat thus far. For the price, it's a quality seat which should be useful for babies less than a year old to 2 or 3 years of age (my guess based on the size). The rack attaches to the bike in regarding 15 minutes and then you can take the seat itself on and off of the rack in just a few minutes.

This bike seat match our 15 month completely! He is super comfortable in it and most importantly, super safe! We are able to get our little one in and out conveniently and quite fast! I would highly recommend this seat!

I consider this is fantastic bike seat for my son. Some minor things which irk me are the shin straps are in a weird spot, I had to raise my seat up in order to install the seat and the seat is extremely upright therefore if my son falls asleep his head bobs forward. Other than which it has sturdy construction and my son enjoys the seat.

I've extremely glad with this seat, and my 17 month old enjoys it! Nice quality, secure, comfortable and room to grow. merely thing is she can take her feet out of the velcroed band but I put some clunkier boots on and which stopped her from doing it. **FYI - this bike seat cannot be mounted on rear or entire suspension bikes (such as a Trek speed bike) the bike won't support it.

excellent seat for our 2 1/2 yr old 35 lb boy. he enjoys it. installation, though in the dark the night before our road trip, was extremely tedious and necessitates 2 people. but once on its stable and secure. we enjoy it.

Very good carrier for the money! It's easy to assemble, quality made and fits extremely securely to the bike. It has most of the same features advertised on carriers 2-3x the cost of this one including adjustable foot rests, entire safety bar, fast release harness, head rest and rack mount with removable seat without the necessitate for tools. The fast removability feature is especially convenient for transporting your bike or if you just necessitate to apply the rack by itself.

And for the assembly difficulty? Seriously, if you can read and understand how to apply a screwdriver and a wrench, you will be able to attach this carrier to your bike in under 20 minutes without any issues. A level too comes in handy to prevent installing the carrier at a forward downward angle, that may cause your child's head to bob if they fall asleep as many noted. I installed the rack slightly reclined to avoid this.


For the same price range, this carrier is far superior in quality and in features than the Bell Cocoon, that I made the (big) mistake of purchasing at a local store before I discovered this carrier on Amazon.

Review & Buy PTI Schwinn Deluxe Child Carrier

No comments:

Post a Comment