Thursday, July 12, 2012

Review & Buy InStep Sierra Double Bicycle Trailer


We had a jogging stroller, double stroller, and bike trailer in our garage. I decided to sell them whole and get something which would do it all. I have a 2 year old and a 3 year old (both on the tall side), and it works fantastic for them. They enjoy it! I have jogged with it several times, over bumps, up hills, and around curves. It works fantastic! Because it is enclosed there was less wind resistance than a regular jogging stroller. The handle bar was too good and high (adjustable) and I didn't must bend over to push it while I jogged. The wheels whole worked fantastic and it feels lightweight. The children too can't loose cups or blankets while I jog.


The bike trailer function works fantastic too! It was therefore light, I had to look back to make certain it was there. Going up hill there is some resistance, but which is knowable when you are towing 50-60 lbs. :) I keep the handle bar on while I apply it for the bike. The jogging wheel, comes off conveniently, and the trailer hooks to the bike with just a pin (after you install the attachment which stays on your bike). I just ordered another attachment ($10) for my husband's bike since you must take the bolt off of your bike wheel to attach it, and I don't want to do which every time we switch.

The seat belts are good with padding. They are adjustable 5 point harness much like a car seat, and extremely secure. I would feel comfortable putting a 6 month old in it which could sit up well on their own (It recommends they be 12 months). The children seat is padded as well. My children enjoy the pockets in the side where they stash their cups. There is a small storage area in the back. I have applied it for coats or my water bottle. You could match a medium sized diaper bag in the back. I am extremely glad with this stroller and switch it from bike trailer to stroller often and with ease. therefore get rid of whole of your strollers in the garage and get an whole in one!

I bought this trailer for casual rides with my two year old, understanding which it would be a while before I would be able to attach it to my bicycle and was hoping to apply it correct away as a jogging stroller. Assembly was a breeze, and the guidance were convenient to follow. I although let my daughter "help" put it altogether, because you don't necessitate a single tool (unless an air pump) to assemble the majority of the trailer. When we were on the last step, I was really disappointed to discover which it was missing the front wheel (only required for the jogging stroller). I called the customer service number for the product manufacturer, and they were able to mail me another correct away. I talked to them on Monday, and the wheel arrived on Wednesday! The service department was fantastic, and extremely patient with me while I was looking for the product numbers on the side of the trailer, that I realized were super obvious after ten minutes of searching...oops.
We now have it attached to my bicycle and have taken a few rides. My daughter and I both ENJOY it, and plan to apply it as long as the weather gets also bad to ride! There is plenty of room for her and another child to sit, including head room. I would recommend this to anyone, and plan on using it as long as she gets also heavy for "Mommy PULL!"

Review & Buy InStep Sierra Double Bicycle Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment