Saturday, July 14, 2012

Review & Buy InStep Sierra Double Bicycle Trailer


My daughter enjoy the rides in the trailer and with her little brother almost old sufficient to ride with her we will get much more apply out of it.

My merely real complaint is the rear wheels. The design of the wheel hubs leaves almost no room to attach a pump to inflate and after a few rides I have an inner tube with a rather large rip/hole. I am purchasing new tubes with the hopes which the manufacturer easily chose cheap tubes to cut cost. If the hub is causing the rips I will get back with an update. The merely other thing is the dirt and debris going into the trailer but which can be stopped by easily letting down the flexible plastic cover or purchasing a guard for the rear bike tire. I can see dirt as an issue with any trailer riding therefore close to the back of a bike.



It was extremely convenient to set up and we had it attached to my bike within a matter of minutes. The children enjoy it and enjoy going on rides long or short. The merely trouble we have had is when we apply it as a jogging stroller. The front wheel sticks and from reading other reviews I was prepared for this and had bought a washer to put on with the front wheel therefore it would turn without sticking. However, the trouble has been discovering a washer the correct size to match on there where it left sufficient room for the pen to still attach in place. Its frustrating since I would really like to jog as well but for now I have merely been able to apply it as a trailer. It is an awesome trailer though!! extremely lightweight and convenient for my to pull! I am not a large woman and pull my 30lb daughter and 22 pound son without a trouble and I am not in shape =o) I would still recommend this to any of my friends!

I absolutely enjoy this trailer. Across whole categories, this is one of the best buys we have made on Amazon.

We got it last week and it was pretty convenient to put altogether - a lot easier than the compost bins we ordered a few months ago. We had it altogether and attached to the bike in regarding 15 minutes.


Here is what we like regarding it:

* it is extremely stable! I took a curve at 20 mph on my bike pulling the trailer and it felt fantastic behind me
* my daughters enjoy it - the whole one mile ride to the park they were saying "Weeeeeeee, weeeeeee"
* it is pretty lightweight therefore it is not hard to maneuver around
* pushing it/running with it is extremely smooth - a lot smoother than the jogging stroller we applied to have
* it is pretty convenient to hook on to the bike. I leave the connection piece on my bike and it is regarding 5-10 seconds to hitch it up each time.
* the connection to the bike is flexible meaning you can put your bike down on the ground and the trailer doesn't tilt - a surprising and good feature

Have merely applied it a few times, but could not be happier with it.


If I had any complaint it would be which purchasing a second coupling device to connect to a second bike instead of taking off the coupler each time between bikes shouldn't include a second pin (not necessary as the pin remains on the trailer) and thus the coupler shouldn't cost $9, but we are glad to have a second coupler therefore my wife and I can both take the girls in the trailer behind our bike.

Review & Buy InStep Sierra Double Bicycle Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment