Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Review & Buy InStep Take 2 Double BicycleTrailer


We have had this item for roughly 4-6 weeks. We apply it to go on bike rides with our 18month daughter. She enjoys it. although more importantly is which this product is sturdy (handles bumps and rough road extremely well) and durable (no wear and tear or sagging in the fabric). We are extremely pleased with this product and would highly recommend it to other parents.

I buy this item to apply with my 11 month old son and we enjoy it. I’m not an adventurous bike rider, I merely travel on paved surfaces and the trailer is fantastic. Its a smooth ride and sturdy. too it fits completely on the sidewalks in our neighborhood.
My son weighs 22lbs and is average height and he has no troubles matching comfortable inside the trailer. too there is a mesh in the front and back which you can open or close. We keep both open therefore my son gets a good breeze and never overheats.


I’ve seen negative reviews citing troubles with quality but it sounds like the ones writing those reviews are expecting much more out of the product, as they are advid bike riders. You must keep in mind, you do get what you pay for and if you are not planning on going on 10mile bike rides daily or taking it on rough pavements then you should not experience any issues. too I’ve read people talking regarding the bottom sagging and I wonder if they did not realize which you can tighten the seating area. My sons bottom was sagging the first apply and then my husband tightened it and now he sits flat in the trailer.


Overall I enjoy the trailer and It is complete for my necessitates.


this item was delivered ahead of the scheduled time (smile!!). Package was intact and compact. The price was as stated, making it cheaper than any local department store or sporting nice business.
It is a extremely nice item, no troubles during assembly or breakdown for storage. if you necessitate more stability on the clamp assembly, apply a piece of rubber tube to make it more stable. It works complete on my hybrid, or mountain bike.
I recommend this item.

We bought this for our 20 month old daughter while I was expecting. We enjoy which it can hold 2 children, but can too work for just 1. The set up was convenient, directions were convenient to know. It took regarding 30 minutes from start to finish.

It folds up extremely compact, considering how large it is set up. It's really convenient to disassemble for storage, as well.


The most time consuming thing was getting it hooked to the bike. We have an older bike style; it took a few times looking at the bike for us to figure out the best way to attach it.


Our daughter enjoys it. She is able to sit in the middle and still reach the side pouches, where we put her sippy cup and snacks. She especially enjoys which the seat she sits on "moves" with the movement of the bike. She sways on the turns and gets jostled a bit over bumps (however, not sufficient to be damaging or to make me nervous in any way). As far as safety goes, she was in the trailer when we had the bike being supported by the kickstand. The bike fell over, but the trailer stayed! She didn't move a bit!

I really like this trailer. My 2 year old daughter fits well in the middle seat and is extremely convenient to adjust to one rider. We buy a small travel pillow and placed it under the seat part to make the ride more comfortable and my fear of her butt hitting the ground. My husband just rolled his eyes and stated it would not happen but to be on the safe side we buy a pillow. The seat is adjustable and we did adjust it.

My bike has a fast release back tire and we had troubles getting the coupler to work on my bike. But there were no issues with the coupler working on my husband's bike which does not have a fast release tire. We are going to a local bike shop to see if they have something which will work. The trailer tracks behind the bike really well and you can't really tell you are pulling something. Fantastic value for the price.


We too buy the cling which you put on car windows and super glued it to the side windows of the trailer to block some of the sun out. Makes the ride cooler for the child. If I did it once more I would glue to the inside and not the outside didn't really consider which one through but oh well. I will probably purchase a battery operated fan when it gets warmer.


Trailer folds down and the wheels are convenient to remove with a push of a button and it fits into the trunk of my '04 Cavalier. too we can match a regular size diaper bag behind the child seat for trips or 2-3 grocery bags for a trip to the store.

Review & Buy InStep Take 2 Double BicycleTrailer

No comments:

Post a Comment