Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Review & Buy Schwinn Trailblazer Double Bicycle Trailer


The day after I received this item I hurt my knee and haven't yet been able to apply it; however, we unpacked it and put it altogether. It was really convenient to assemble and then to disassemble and store. whole the packaging unless for one little plastic tie and a 1" foam tube was recyclable - AWESOME! It seems fairly straightforward to attach it to my bike, with a small piece which goes on the bike and stays there. The trailer "hitch" then pops into which when I want to tow it. I have a cruiser bike, therefore I have yet to see how it fits with my particular bike, but it seems like it will be okay. It too smells really strongly of rubber or plastic - but I consider it's the rubber on the wheels. We put them away separately to air them out a bit. I have one child for whom this was intended, but it ends up which my son (9 years old and 55 pounds) could actually match in it if he had to. The guidance say not to have a child over 50 pounds in it to avoid an imbalance of weight, therefore I wouldn't PLAN on doing this. BUT in an emergency it would totally operate. It feels well-built and I'm really looking forward to using it. I'll update this later if anyone wants to understand how it operates with my bike...



UPDATE - I've been using it and it's fantastic. It operates fantastic with my bike - and I consider it would operate with any bike. My children enjoy it. I've although stuffed my son in it and it was fine. It's convenient to ride with, it fits through whole the spaces my bike fits through. I've ridden my bike with and without it and feel no difference - it's really fantastic. We enjoy it. At first I was taking the wheels off, folding it up and keeping it in its box for ease in storing it. Now I just fold it up and leave the wheels on - it fits standing up on end correct next to our bikes. Couldn't be happier!

This trailer is too listed on amazon.com as the Schwinn Trailblazer Double Bicycle Trailer. The padded seats seem comfortable for the children, though their helmets don't sit which well against the back of the seat. The trailer is convenient to assemble. It attached without a trouble to my 1999 Marin hybrid bike, without must remove the rear bike rack which holds the pannier sacks. It tows smoothly over pavement; I've been on a couple 20 mile rides with it. It appears to be well-built, and the materials are nice.

I'd really give it four stars, since I'd like to consider which five means "best thing ever", but thanks to rampant star inflation throughout the site, I can't really justify fewer than five.

I bought this trailer to apply as a stroller for 2-5 mile walks and short 2-5 mile rides at times when I want to exercise but my 5 and 6 year old may not be up to it, they get lots of other exercise. I was worried regarding discovering a trailer which would accommodate them, they are 47 lbs each and regarding 46" tall. I am extremely satisfied with how they match into this trailer. The children are pretty comfy, not also squished and really enjoy riding in it. It was extremely convenient to assemble, seems sturdy sufficient and has plenty of storage. I was surprised at how lightweight it feels as a stroller and as a bike trailer, though any hint of an incline changes our leisurely rides into quite a completing for me, but I am new to biking and hope this changes as I get more match. I would recommend this item.

Review & Buy Schwinn Trailblazer Double Bicycle Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment